Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Where is Pantera when you need them?

Unfortunately, many fans know the answer to that question.

Damn.

I saw Pantera live 8 times between 1992 and their demise. I would not hesitate to see them again, if only it were possible. 8 times was not enough.

I have seen many live shows. I spent more money going to concerts than I did on my first 2 cars combined (including service). There are other great live acts, but they are not Pantera. They didn't need lasers or pyrotechnics. Green lamps and randomly placed greenery are the only props I can recall.

And speaking of green lamps, everyone knew what they meant...

I wonder what a Pantera show would be like almost a decade after their peak. Could it possibly be as intense? I have no doubt it would be. Would the crowd still be as big? I have no doubt.

Oh well. Grab a bottle of bourbon and toast the old days. Here's to you, CFH.

No comments: